Cream Cheese Brownies | Cream Cheese Brownies Recipes | Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
Cream Cheese Brownies recipes have been collected over the years. At Annies Recipes you can easily navigate through thousands of other tried and true, easy and quick to prepare recipes.
Cream Cheese Brownies
3 ounces sweet baking chocolate
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Chocolate Frosting (optional) (see recipe below)
1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt sweet baking chocolate and the 3
tablespoons butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
2. For the cream cheese layer, in a small mixing bowl, beat together the
cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until combined. Beat in the 1/4
cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, one egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until
3. For chocolate layer, in another mixing bowl, beat together the 3/4
cup sugar and two eggs. Beat in the melted and cooled chocolate, 1
teaspoon vanilla, and the almond extract.
4. Add the 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt, beating mixture just
until combined. Stir in the nuts.
5. In a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan, spread half of the chocolate
mixture. Evenly spoon all of the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate
layer, spreading evenly. Dollop remaining chocolate mixture over cream
cheese layer. Swirl layers with a knife or spatula.
6. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire
7. Frost brownies, if desired. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
In a mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 ounce melted and cooled sweet baking chocolate, and 1
tablespoon butter or margarine until smooth. Beat in 1-1/2 cups sifted
powdered sugar and enough milk (about 2 tablespoons) to make a